Jeju Omija Honey Jelly Mousse Cake
Jeju Omija Honey Jelly Mousse Cake - 4 layer mousse cake combined with Jeju Omija Honey jelly inside, glazed with a sweet and sour goodness from nature! Refreshing bakes for the warm weather.
As much as i love honey, this ingredient does make me wonder what more could i do with it. In this recipe, we worked with passionate home baker LIPS Cakes & Cookies (check out their link below) to create using Jeju Omija Honey. This refreshing mousse cake has that punch of naturally sweet and sour from the Omija (Five flavor berry), soft mousse surrounding it and finishing it off with citrus orange Omija glaze! Wooosh! doesn't it sounds wonderful?
Jeju Omija Honey Jelly
85g Jeju Omija Honey
172g Warm Water
5g Gelatine (2g per sheet; 2.5 sheets)
5g Gelatine (Double Boil)
125g Cream Cheese (Soften)
70g Plain Yogurt
37g Castor Sugar
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
125g Whipped Cream (Soft Peak)
1 tbsp Jeju Omija Honey
8 tbsp Warm Water
1 slice Sponge Cake (15cm)
1 Orange (Deco)
1 12cm Mousse Ring
1 15cm Mousse Ring
Prepare Jeju Omija Honey Jelly
1) Soak gelatine sheets in cold water; until soften.
2) Dissolve Omija Honey into warm water, and add in gelatine
(squeeze out as much water as you can from the gelatine before adding into the honey water)
3) Pour into a 12cm mousse ring (cling wrapped the bottom).
4) Cool down the mixture, and set in the fridge for an hour.
Prepare Mousse Cream
1) Mix soften Cream Cheese + Yogurt + Sugar + Vanilla Extract + Gelatine until well combined.
2) Whipped cream till soft peak or thickened.
3) Fold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Set aside.
Prepare the Cake (Part 1)
1) Unmold jelly and put on top of the cake.
2) Set the cake in the middle of the 15cm mousse ring (cling wrapped bottom).
3) Pour the mousse cream slowly, until the whole cake is covered.
(Leave a 1cm gap from the top for deco)
4) Tap a few times on the table to remove big air bubbles.
5) Set in the fridge for an hour before deco.
Prepare the cake (Part 2)
1) Remove the cake form the fridge.
2) Sliced the orange into thin and even slices, and half them.
3) Line the half orange on top of the cake.
4) Slowly pour half of the jelly glaze over the orange slices. Set the first layer in the fridge about 30mins – 40mins.
5) Pour the remaining half of the jelly glaze.
6) Put in the fridge to set for at least 2 to 3 hours.
*preferably set overnight in fridge (normal chiller)
LIPS Cakes & Cookies
Try this recipe and let us know how it went!
Have fun and bake away~